But that’s fantastic news for you, as it means that you can grab some mind-blowing prices for a top bit of tech. And leading the way is PureVPN.
The provider started off by discounting the monthly rate of its five-year subscription to $1.33 per month. And then it gave TechRadar an exclusive discount code to take an extra 10% off.
But it just got even better! Because you can now use the code tech15 to take 15% off the offer price. That means you’ll pay a barely believable $1.13 per month for your new VPN.
It is worth noting that – just like pretty much every other VPN company out there – PureVPN requires that you pay the whole amount upfront. So although it’s advertised as being $1.33 per month, you’ll have to pay for the whole five years. With the 15% discount, that means a cost of $67.96.
But if you’re not happy with Pure’s services, it also offers a 31-day money-back guarantee. That makes this a real risk-free Black Friday bargain.
What other Black Friday VPN deals are available?
As we say, pretty much every provider under the sun has released their Black Friday VPN deals now. And if you wanted to go for a service with a better reputation than Pure, then there are still some great prizes to be had.
Private Internet Access can go even cheaper if you’re happy to commit to three years. Having thrown in an extra three months free, the monthly cost is now set at a tiny $2.03.
And what of our #1 recommended provider, ExpressVPN? Well, frankly, it can’t compete with the rest on price alone. Its monthly cost is $6.67 per month, with three months extra free on its annual plan. But you do at least get Backblaze secure cloud backup thrown in as well.
VPN deals: what you can do with a VPN
There are loooooads of VPN uses. Virtual Private Networks allow bypass geo-restricted content. So if you wanted to watch a Netflix show that is geo-restricted to a location, a VPN changes your IP address, so your device gets tricked into thinking it’s in a different location. Make sure to check out our Netflix VPN guide if your primary reason for a VPN is streaming, while they’re also brilliant for letting you watch sports and shows that are only available overseas.
Some people will be more concerned about the fact VPNs help you browse the internet securely. A VPN uses encryption technology that basically means your browsing and activity will be anonymous. So if you’re worried about your cyber security, a VPN is definitely the way to go.
Beyond that, they help get around blocked websites and apps in countries that ban them, assist in secure online banking and shopping (especially on public Wi-Fi), and have even been known to get around broadband bandwidth throttling and bag cheaper flights on comparison sites, too.
- Want extra security? Check out our best antivirus software packages
See more of today’s best Black Friday sales
- Amazon: 68% off Ring Video Doorbell bundles in the Black Friday sale
- Antivirus: the world’s best antivirus software with a 70% discount
- AirPods Pro: down to a record-low price of $169.99 at Amazon
- Adidas: 50% off sportswear and shoes + free shipping
- Best Buy: up to 50% off Keurig coffee makers, 4K TVs, laptops and more
- Cheap TVs: smart TVs from $99.99 at Best Buy
- Christmas: lights, trees, and ornaments from $6.99 at Amazon
- Christmas pajamas: matching family sets from $14.99 at Amazon
- Clothing: up to 50% off coats, running shoes, and watches at Amazon
- Costco: up to $900 furniture, laptops, TVs, and jewelry
- Dell: up to $700 off the XPS 13, Inspiron, and Alienware
- DIY: 40% off power tools, leaf blowers, and more at Walmart
- DreamCloud: $200 off luxury mattresses + $399 free gifts
- Gifts under $30: books, toys, and cheap gift ideas at Amazon
- H&M: fashion gifts from $5.99 for men, women, and kids
- Home Depot: up to 40% off tools, grills, appliances and Christmas decor
- HP: laptops starting at $199.99
- Instant Pot: from $84 at Amazon
- Keurig: up to 30% off single cup and carafe coffee makers at Amazon
- Lowe’s: 50% off tools, appliances, and holiday decor
- Microsoft: save up to $400 on the Surface Pro 7
- Nectar: $499 off mattresses + $399 in free gifts
- Nike: up to 40% off running shoes, hoodies, sweatpants, and more
- Nintendo Switch: latest stock updates on consoles and games
- Nordstrom: up to 40% off North Face, Adidas, UGG, Nike, and more
- Oculus Quest 2: get a $50 e-gift card at Best Buy
- Saatva: TechRadar exclusive – save $250 on luxury mattresses
- Samsung: Black Friday savings of up to $3,500 on 4K and 8K QLED TVs
- Shark vacuum: up to 15% off cordless and corded vacs at Amazon
- Target: massive deals on TVs, toys, Dyson, Keurig, and more
- Toys: discounts on LEGO, hoverboards and Barbie at Walmart
- TVs: smart Fire TVs from Amazon starting at $99.99
- Walmart: big savings on TVs, cordless vacs, and more
Adam is the Editor-in-Chief of Subscriptions and Services at Future, meaning that he oversees many of the articles TechRadar produces about antivirus software, VPNs, TV streaming, broadband and mobile phone contracts – from buying guides and deals news, to industry interest pieces and reviews.